Thursday, September 29, 2005

Verbal fisticuffs and communal crucifixion

Two things;

My fabulous New Zealand publication (freelance cheques, yes please!) the New Zealand Listener has run my George Galloway vs Christopher Hitchens piece. A cracking "debate" marred only by no engagement with the actual issue. Magnificent example of spectacle over substance. Enjoy.

Learning to respect the old school, and not take advice like "this is a class where you can take risk" at face value. A piece I wrote for the legendary (83 and counting) Judith Crist. She asked for a building profile, so I personified my School and painted it rather unflatteringly as a vain tart. It got ripped to shreds in public, called "repulsive", and "weak". Written comments (at the end) weren't any better. That piece is here.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

If anyone actually reads this, could they drop me an email? matt_nippert@yahoo.com Tah.

No comments: